HONG KONG — Sixteen folks who had been trapped in a coal mine in southwestern China died of carbon monoxide poisoning, area officials explained on Sunday.
A complete of 17 folks had been pulled from the Songzao mine in the city of Chongqing, the area government explained on social media. 1 individual was taken to the hospital, it extra.
The deadly carbon monoxide amounts had been brought about by the ignition of belts in the mine, the area government explained, without having offering specifics.
The mine had previously been cited for security violations, in accordance to the Chongqing Coal Mine Security Administration. Regulators issued a fine just two weeks in the past right after inspectors located that the website, which is a subsidiary of the state-owned Chongqing Vitality Investment Group, had not carried out regular monthly security checks on tools.